This green smoothie is delicious, nutritious, energy boosting and good till the last drop. I love how naturally vibrant and pretty it is. The addition of avocado makes it creamy and velvety smooth and it’s balanced in sweetness with pineapple and honey. You’ll be happy to know, it has just 4 ingredients (not counting water)!
My son all of a sudden loves avocados. Finally! The only way he ate them before was in guacamole, but now he loves them straight out of the peel with just a sprinkle of salt. He’s smitten :). We’ve been experimenting with smoothies this week and trying to develop recipes that he loves just as much as my husband and I do. With his new love for avocado, we decided to add it to the smoothie mix. His selective taste buds approved this Pineapple avocado smoothie. Happy blending!
Ingredients for Pineapple Avocado Smoothie:
- 1 C water
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled & pitted
- 2 C spinach
- 2 C frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 to 2 Tbsp honey or agave, or to taste
Fun fact: Studies have shown that the good fats in avocado help your body absorb more nutrients from fruits and veggies, so it’s smart to add it to smoothies, salads, salsas…
How to Blend the Perfect Smoothie:
1. Add all of your ingredients to the blender in this order: 1 Cup water, 1/2 medium rip avocado, peeled & pitted, 2 cups spinach, 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks. Blend until smooth (Note: always start with the liquids and soft ingredients and add the frozen stuff last).
2. Turn off the blender and add honey or agave to taste then blend until well incorporated.